[TI-H] Re: ti-hardware Digest V1 #1

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: ti-hardware Digest V1 #1

making extra memory work like built-in means soldering ~24 wires to
random test points scattered throughout the calc (or soldering directly
to the closely spaced pins of some surface mount chips without
overheating them) and hacking some extra logic into the chip-enable pin
of the existing memory chip.
(just some healthy pessimism for your diet!)

unless the 68k has memory protection, that makes things completely
different.

Fixing the rom to use memory added like this should be as easy as
changing a few constants and maybe a table or two.  You need to be able
to find all of them, of course.

-josh

On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:44:36 -0300 Alejandro Paz <psys@cotelco.com.ar>
writes:

> The short answer is may be.
>
> in witch calculator ?, tis < 86 has a nice bankswitchng schema that
> can be
> expanded (i think).
> Ti92 +, I 've never seen one.
> TI92, yes of course (i'm developing something, because the
> smartmedia (3.3v)
> didn't work).
> ti 89, may be if you want to wire....
> external devices are handled by cables. think about that.
>
> ALe
>
> Listar wrote:
>
> > ti-hardware Digest      Tue, 06 Mar 2001        Volume: 01  Issue:
> 001
> >
> > In This Issue:
> >                 [TI-H] Mem Expander

> > From: Rgdtad@aol.com
> > Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:40:06 EST
> > Subject: [TI-H] Mem Expander
> >
> > Would it be possible to make an inexpensive external EEPROM unit?
> How about=
> > =20
> > external RAM(for programs to use as scratchpad space)?  I'm
> thinking I=B2C=20
> > interface here. =20
> >
> > Also, on a related note, would it be possible to make a ROM that
> can use=20
> > external mem just like internal?  Just an idea...

> > End of ti-hardware Digest V1 #1

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.