[TI-H] Re: Mem Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Mem Expander

Well, yes and no. The accual hardware is not that costly but getting it to work
with the ti-os is another question.

Also as slow as the link port is it might be better to rewire the keyboard and
use it for the interface. In theory such a device could reload the drivers for
its self.

Another older idea is the use of audio tapes (like the old apples and C-64s)
but no one has tried it yet. (I have the scamadics for both of them if any one
wants to look at them.)

Quoting Rgdtad@aol.com:

> Would it be possible to make an inexpensive external EEPROM unit?  How
> about=
> =20
> external RAM(for programs to use as scratchpad space)?  I'm thinking
> I=B2C=20
> interface here. =20
>
> Also, on a related note, would it be possible to make a ROM that can use=20
> external mem just like internal?  Just an idea...

Never underestmate the power of the off swich.