[TI-H] rom dump, a bit off topic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] rom dump, a bit off topic

I know this sounds like a really stupid and slightly off topic question (but I have no one else to
ask), but I'm having trouble dumping a rom to VTI from
an 89.  I have:
-black ti-graphlink
-HW1 AMS 2.05 89
-windows 98
-most recent version of VTI
I have dumped the ROM under the exact same conditions except the calc had AMS 1.00.  I know that
the cable is working because it works through the TI-GRAPHLINK software.
I have actually successfully dumped the ROM once, but when I tried to load it in VTI, it said that
the ROM file was invalid.
When I try to dump the ROM, I get to the point where it wants to send the ROM dump program.  At
that point, it either sits there for a second then says "unable to send..."  or it sits there for
a few seconds, while the 89 says link active at the bottom of the screen, then the status bar
quickly fills up, then it says "unable to send..."
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it to work?
jeff