[TI-H] Re: Carlos Becker....question about PIC code?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TI-H] Re: Carlos Becker....question about PIC code?

F is used throughout the instruction set to refer to a specified file
register.
The f in "decfsz" refers to this register, the source argument for all
instructions is called f because it specifies which file register this
is.
The destination is either F (the File register that was used as the
source), or W (the Working register)
So that's why F is used instead of the binary value, it's easier to
remember.  (I hope that's what you were asking...)

for the actual instruction encoding, W=0; F=1

-josh

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:54:20 -0600 "Cullen Logan"
<evilson1@austin.rr.com> writes:

> decfsz temp,F        ;why F?
>
> is F a macro for 1 or 0? Or is it something else.  While reading the
> instruction info in the Microchip docs. I noticed that where you
> have F
> should either be 0 or 1.
>
> Thanks,
> Cullen logan