Re: TI-H: RF link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RF link

Simon Trimble wrote:

> I am also willing to give anyone some help on making a radio link.
>
> I think the best way is to you a uC and those ready-built 433Mhz modules
> that only cost a few £ and can transmit around 40m.

that freq is heavily used.  i think something around 217-218 mhz in the
CB band would be better, as not many people use it.  also the noise
floor is lower in this band b/c the only thing around it is military
aircraft (which is AM) and the 222-225 mhz ham band.

> Emulating a direct link-cable connection would be best i think in that
> hardly any software would need to be written (can be done in basic if needed
> too) and it would be compatible with 'all' (prove me wrong) TI calcs.

emulating the link cable might be the best thing, but i cannot say b/c i
do not know much about it.  does any one have any info on the protocol
that the port uses?

> PS. The radio link cable that ive see on the net so far is quite complicated
> and uses IC's that ive never seen before.

CAN SOME ONE POST A URL TO THIS?????  i would like to see it b/f
designing something else.  a goo engineer try's to accomplish a give
task with as few original ideas as possible.

Bryan Fields