TI-H: TI calc port check

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI calc port check

Hi,

After having the TI-82 calc for 6 years, I found it can run assembly
only now :(((( Well I decided to build the parallel cable for it and
after spending long hours trying to get it work with no success I
decided to ask on the list.

One of the docs for the TI link protocol says, that the TI uses the
tip and middle of the jack for data, beeing floating high ~5V when
idle. I measured the voltage on the jack (not connected) and found the
following:

Gnd-tip:  ~300mV
Gnd-middle ~-300mV
middle-tip ~5.7V

Is this OK or is my TI port busted ? :( I don't have other calc to test
it with. Also when I connect the orig Calc2Calc link cable to it with
the other end in the air, it slows down. Pulling the connector about
.5mm out helps. Am I missing something here ? Is there a simple way
to test if my TI port works ?

Thanks

Marty