Re: TI-H: PIXpand

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PIXpand

>floppy drive cables have 34 conductors.  mind the twist.
>
>-josh

Yeah, it also turns out that the guy on the Playsaver page didn't
even use the standard flat floppy connector, but the indented, more
SCSI-like connector, which should have been mentioned (he took a
picture of him cutting the flat one, which misled me), since most
floppy drives (including the one I pulled 2 ribbons out of for parts)
use the 'smaller' flat connector. However, I found that if you are
willing to cut some more plastic, you can even use an old SCSI cable
to create a connector. To be 100% sure, I have to use a voltmeter and
a small 0.5V signal across the pins of a dummy PSX card to make sure
all signals reach the proper wires, and ONLY the proper wires.
Because of the external SCSI cable I used has a closer pin
arangement, I had to cut along the base so I could move the pin
contact of the cable so that it would meet with the proper PSX pin.
Everything fits well and lines up close enough for my use.. I may
post how to build this connector variant (I will build the other
style as well, just for kicks) once the project is finished. I am
currently waiting for my requisition to get through the district and
to get my 8$ worth of parts.

-Krev
--
----
"Science describes how our universe reacts in a mathematical