TI-H: 8Mb SmartMedia Memory Extension for all calcs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: 8Mb SmartMedia Memory Extension for all calcs

I've thougt of one thing. :))

Some days ago, I've seen memory cards for numerical cameras.
You can store photos on it and then transfer them on your comp.
So, there are called SmartMedia. We can buy them from
www.jackgee.com for example, and these urls in particular :
http://www.jackgee.com/Cameras/memory/delkin/smartmedia/smartmedia.htm
http://www.delkin.com/dd_products_consumer/information/info_smartmedia.htm

Their capacity is 2Mb, 4Mb, 8Mb, 16Mb, 32Mb, 48Mb, 64Mb...
and a lot more. A 4Mb ($ 15.50) or a 8Mb ($ 25.00) is not very
expensive, and that would be a lot for a calc ! What's more, when
a card is full, we could change it, like floppy disks... It's not very
big and could be put into the calc directly.

* Dimensions : 45.1 x 37.0 x 0.76 mm.
* Low Power : Program = 15mA, Read = 5mA, Erase = 25mA,
   Standby = 10mA
* Read/Write Speed : Program (528 Byte page) = 200ns,
   Read (1 Byte) = 50ns, Erase (8 Byte Block) = 4ms

So, it would be great to add all this memory to our calcs !!!
This is not very expensive, and all we have to do (and that's not
easy...) is to make a reader and a writer.

So, here's my idea :). I hope one day it will be realized.
I think it would be a lot better than "The 512k mem extension"
or "The memory box".

4Mb or 8Mb !!! We could store all the lessons on the calc, on some
seconds in MP3 !! or whatever...

--Raphaël