RE: TI-H: Re: Laser Network (OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Re: Laser Network (OT)

Maybe you could use a fat laser, to prevent rain from disrupting it and i dont
know many birds that hang around the tops of skyscrapers here... use a
collecting mirror to concentrate the beam into a thin beam ath the reciever
end... aiming the laser would be easy... use a second laser, a small mirror
and some photodiodes to keep the system aimed, reflect the second beam off the
mirror and back onto a series of photodiodes, if it went too far wide, it
would shine on one of the other diodes and this could be used to trigger a
servo motor or something... when it touched a center diode, it would shut the
servo off... using a collector, it wouldnt matter about small vibrations, only
about big ones... if you wanted to stop birds, have two lasers transmitting
the same data at once, if a bird flew through one, the other one would still
transmit... use a fat or very powerful laser and you could run the laser
around raindrops, or even vaporise them before they disrupted the data
transfer... they do focus the laser a bit, but not much...