Re: TI-H: Quick radio link survey

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Quick radio link survey

well, you may have figured this already, but i thought i'd say my word.  I
hear radio and network together, and i think of hawaii, where ethernet began.
 they needed to find a way to transmit across islands, well, enough history
lessons.  i was thinking it could be set up like ethernet using csma/cd
(carrier sense multiple access with collision detection). I was also thinking
that you could use multiple frequencies to reduce collisions.
price?-not too much, i'd build it myself of course, but i doubt i'd go more
than $50
drivers?-the less the better, we're limited on speed
network?-i think i'm clear on that one
driverless?-good idea, maybe certain programs could include thier own
drivers, more specific, to function more efficiently
range?-the longer the better
suggestions?-try to get as much done as possible on the link to reduce the
load on the calc processor; while we're already working with radio signals,
include a headphone jack so we can tune in to our favorite stations; (this
one might require some advanced programmers willing to put in a lot of time
and effort) make a flash TINOS to replace the TIOS with most functions built
in; any more ideas?-I'll keep thinking.