Re: TI-H: The End of the Holy War

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: The End of the Holy War

I haven't posted for a long time. Oh well. I have MacOS X Dp4. Quite
nice. It runs FreeBSD and has a terminal if you want it. Otherwise
everything is completely GUI. Still Boots into GUI and everything.
The common user will never have to see the command line unless they
wish it and as it stands now only the Administrator has access to the
CLI. OS X is completely Preemptive. If you have old Non-carbon
Compliant Applications OS X will boot a shell known as Classic That
contains its own memory space. Classic's memory space is within the
OS X Memory space. Any app that crashes in classic will NOT bring OS
X down and as far as I can tell if an App crashes in Classic and
would nominally not take the system down you can take the app out
with a Force Quit (which has been modified a lot).

Soon there should be X-Windows for OS X. That may be amusing ass we
can see how many shells we can get running at once.