Re: TI-H: Dead?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Dead?

I know that most restaurants will serve exclusively either Coke or Pepsi
products, but I've never heard of that happening in a US city.  Although,
when I was in Pakistan a few years back I remember that some cities were
basically all Pepsi and in others there wasn't a Pepsi for miles.

Our high school must have some big deal with Coke because all the vending
machines and drinks from the cafeteria are exclusively Coca-cola
products.  One day when that drink "Surge" came out we even had some
trucks drive up and guys set up tables, giving out free cans of Surge and
telling us to "feel the rush!" or whatever their slogan is.  Talk about
selling out!

-Noah

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:00:17 EST Larry79054@aol.com writes:

> TWIMC,
>      I prefer the taste/feel of Coke.  But, here in Merced, CA, to
> where I've
> retired, it's damned near impossible to find a business that serves
> Coke as
> its soft drink---just Pepsi and its products (a very few do, and it
> is still
> possible to buy it in bottles and cans at retailers).  I'm told that
> Pepsi
> made a BIG effort awhile back to undercut the price of Coke and has
> essentially taken over, as a result.  So, as far as Merced is
> concerned, it's
> Coke's own fault, as they refuse to budge on their pricing policy.
> They just
> might, eventually, not be available here at all, if they keep that
> up.
> Larry Teebken (larry79054@aol.com)
>
> In a message dated 1/26/00 11:39:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> BFHSNO@aol.com
> writes:
>
> << I agree, I think the reason they were worried about Microsoft is
> that
>  everyone was dependant on it, and they did things to keep
> themsleves on top,
>  and others down. I don't think that America's general preference
> for Coke
>  constitutes a forced monopoly on Coke's part. I won't argue with
> the expense
>  though. :)
>   >>

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!