Re: *Please* keep religous stuff Off-List! (was: Re: TI-H: Bill Gates is

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: *Please* keep religous stuff Off-List! (was: Re: TI-H: Bill Gates is the Anti-christ)

I know that.  I have my own archive of the messages since 11/11/98, and
it still does not belong here.  It generated over 30 messages in a 4 day
period of complete drivel.

I know, someone is going to pop up and say (pick one):
"All you have to do is hit delete!"
"Just think of this as one big party, and we are all generally talking
on topic, but we also just talk"
"We really don't think of this list as a good resource, we just use it
as a place to take dumps."  (Actually, no one says this, I'm just
paraphrasing the first two lines)

It appears to me as though this list has several people on it who
actually do something with ti-hardware occasionally.  Everyone else is
just lurking.  When nothing is going on, some lurkers feel like
contributing, but they don't have anything useful to contribute.  So
they squat down, take a dump, and send it to the rest of us.

Anyway.  I just thought I'd *try* to head this thread off before it
starts up again.  I really don't see any use in talking about religious
stuff here.

-Adam

(I hope I do not offend any of you with my analogy, I certianly was not
aiming it at anyone in particular.)

P.S. No, it was *not* a reminder of a topic, it was two people telling
us that they don't believe in Christ, and why.  That is a new topic
starting from an old one.  This new topic could generate MANY more

Giles Pollock wrote:

> it was just a reminder of the topic, check the archives for august, its there as well
>
> M. Adam Davis wrote:
>
> > I would *really* appreciate it if we could keep the religious stuff off
> > list.  I can understand talking about electronics, linux, computers,
> > calculators and other issues surrounding TI-HARDWARE...
> >
> > BUT  religous, political,  and personal issues have no place here.  They
> > only clog the channel.
> >
> > Of course, you are free to ignore me and my plea.  I imagine most
> > individuals here understand that this really is the best thing to do.
> >
> > -Adam
> >
> > Giles Pollock wrote:
> > >
> > > i know, i was looking through my 842 messages and saw it... i also agree with that
> > > thing on christ... (how did the wise men come from the east, after seeing the star in
> > > the east?) all directions were east then?

Follow-Ups: References: