Re: TI-H: Dimm & Simm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Dimm & Simm

As noted by Adam Kavan, 72pin simms are 5 volts.  Most DIMMs sold are 3.3v, but
you can get 5volt dimms.  If you use simms and dimms together, you must use
5volt dimms.  If you use dimms alone, you should use 3.3v.

(dude, it isn't worth it.  If you only have 8MB simms, chuck them and use
dimms.  If you have 16,32 or 64MB simms, sell them (you can usually get local
computer shops to trade them straight out for equivilant dimms, they are worth
much more now) and get dimms.  5v Dimms will be all but worthless in the near
future)

-Adam