Re: TI-H: ?mouse?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ?mouse?

From: <Nitrocloud@aol.com>
> > Unfortunately, upgrading the processor in the TI series calculators
> >  is a bit beyond the technical capabilities of most of the Earths
> >  population.
>
> OH well ...this is a minor technicallity... fro people who work with the
MPU's

It would be a fascinating project to do though :)  I wonder what
would be involved in using a ROM image as a starting point and
building all new z80 based hardware for it?  You could use one
of those new embedded z80's with lots of extra goodies, a bunch
more ram, better display subsystem (Color LCD?), etc.

Anybody know how non-standard the TI's z80 is?  I suppose the
ROM would have to be taken apart and tweeked to run on the new
system, but then you could do stuff like get rid of that stupid
TI protocol on the link port and put in RS-232 support.

OK, OK, its easier to just start over (or buy an HP), but it
would still be a cool project :)

DK