Re: TI-H: Homemade serial link woes (TI-86,W32Tran8x 4.0)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Homemade serial link woes (TI-86,W32Tran8x 4.0)

> Well, I just finished the thing and It won't work!. Ya, the LED lights
> up and everything, but when I try to send a file, I get an error 38,
> link transmission error. I was wondering, I could not obtain 4.7 volt
> diodes, but I could obtain 5.1 volt diodes (Zener, of course). That
> maybe it. I am using the comm 2 serial port with W32Tran8x 4.0. Any
> help is greatly apreciated. I really but time and money into this, so
> try to see If its not trash (I can unsodder, so...). Thanx in advance.

I tried the '$4 serial link' myself, and had absolutely no luck with the
thing. The LED would light, but the link software wouldn't work. So I
tried building the BCC link.. and that wouldn't work either!

I put together both links in PSPICE, created an EIA232 comport model and a
TI-89 link port model, and tested them. Neither link would put out
voltages within the EIA232 spec on the serial port. No wonder I couldn't
get the things to work. The links might work on some comports, but not
mine.

So, I put together my own using 4 npn transistors.. the 'bcc2':

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~gmarsh/bcc2.gif

And this link's been working great for me, with the TI Graphlink
software. And I trust the thing to do AMS flashes :-)

- Gary Marsh, gmarsh@thezone.net