Re: TI-H: OT: some etymology...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: some etymology...

When you've got a big sucker in your mouth (And what true 'elite hacker'
doesn't?) you can't say the 'l', it just comes out 'er-eet'.  It then follows
normal idiot speakese: take out redundant letters (er sounds just like r), and
only use about 24 characters from the ascii code (ie, no punctuation, no capitol
letters (or worse, all caps), etc).

Or it could be bad keyboarding skills.  I've seen the shortened 'leet' often,
perhaps their hand accidently hit the r instead of the l (they're very close
together, you know)

-Adam

P.S. PLEASE note: I did not read the original message, and do *not* intend to
make fun of the original author, nor anyone who uses the term 'reet'.  I simply
thought it funny that someone would ask for the etymology of such a sequence of
letters, and therefore chose to answer.  Flame away.