Re: TI-H: Parallel --> USB connector

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Parallel --> USB connector

After Win2K crashed for the last time, I went with Linux. My system
kicks more ass than an army of Windows boxes. And it looks sexier.

Personally, I'm a bit more old-school in my belief about computers: the
user-friendliness of Microsoft products has enabled almost everyone to
use a computer and AOL and MSN has enabled almost anyone to get online.

This is a bad thing.

The reason Microsoft wrote their software, of course, is because they
wanted to cater to the largest market share - people who don't know the
difference between their HD and RAM.

This caused the masses to get online and swell the fledgling Internet.
Now, it's entirely driven by e-commerce and its free-thinking spirit has
dwindled as the original thinkers are lost in the rush of dot-com fever.

A new flaw in the TCP/IP stack was discovered two days ago that enables
three or four kids with modems to take down an entire corporate
webserver. This makes me inordinately happy, as did the DDOS attacks at
the beginning of the year. It's a pity that the last bastion of
noncapitalistic thought in the world has fallen. Our entire market boom
right now depends almost entirely on technology stocks, much of it
Internet-driven. It would be interesting to see what would happen to our
economy if an organized effort were started to make e-commerce unviable
through denial-of-service attacks; though unlikely, it could happen.

--nick

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >i don't know windows has it's good part like...   ...   ...it's user
> >friendly for those not so computer literate people so they don't keep bugin
> >me
> >Bernard
>
> "User friendly"...thats one of the reasons I hate it.  It tries way too hard.

Follow-Ups: References: