TI-H: parallel link problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: parallel link problems

Hi

I've recently built myself a parallel link cable for my new ti89. I built it
more or less according to the instructions @
http://www.ticalc.org/hardware/cables/parallel.html, including the two 1k resistors, connecting pins 18-25 together
and using a 2.5mm socket which I fitted into the casing of my 25 pin D
connector.

When using it with link software, I get send bit timeout errors at first.
However, I can usually get it to work by unplugging and plugging back in the
calc-2-calc cable at the calc end several times. After this, it works perfectly (at
least until next time I unplug and plug in again.)

As it is the unplugging and replugging at the calc end which seems to get it to
work, I was wondering whether there is any chance that I might have a faulty
port on my calc. I am pretty sure that neither the link software nor my parallel
port is to blame for the problems.

So should I get my ti89 replaced or are the problems due to the general
unreliability of parallel links? Are serial links better?

TIA

--
Leonard Stiles <ljs@uk2.net>