Re: TI-H: TI-89 Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-89 Backlighting

>I was wondering if it is possible to make an EL Backlight for the TI-89.  It
>seems like the plastic cables in this picture are directly mounted onto the
>circuit board which makes me think it is impossible to install an EL
>Backlight (can't lift LCD to remove reflector and replace with EL Backlight)

A cable on the side or top might be very short, but one of them should be
long and folded under the LCD.  Can you verify that both cables are
attached are very short?  It was like this for the 85s I've done.  I don't
remember anything about other calculators.

>http://d188.ryd.student.liu.se/ftp/calculator/ti89/tech/ti-89-k.jpg
>http://d188.ryd.student.liu.se/ftp/calculator/ti89/tech/ti-89.jpg
>
>LMK if there is a solution for this
>
>-Charles

What did you use to make those images!  They were good!

Next time, some cropping might save the lives of people on this list who
have slower modems.  :)

Grant

Follow-Ups: References: