Re: TI-H: TI Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Modem

Grant Stockly wrote:

> >Let's stop here and start over.  Even through much miscommunication, I
> >think it is
> >clear that 1.7MB per second or 7.5MB per second whichever it may be is
> >considerably
> >faster than 5KB per second, would you not agree?
>
> Sure its faster.  Infact, many cisco routers used the 68000 in their designs.
>
> I've got a TCP/IP stack written completely for the 68000 with a 3-Com
> ethernet hacked to it.  Anyone interested in getting the file?

YES.  Very interested.

> >Um..  A 68000 uses 4 clock cycles per bus cycle.  Another embedded thing?
>
> Must be a combo of old and new stuff.  I have a mid 1995 databook.  Maybe I
> read the thing wrong.

I just took a class on the 68000 and we actually used the TI92 in the class
because the school's stuff was not working.  (check my web site, URL below.  It's
pretty funny.)  Anyway, we used a 1996 book.  It does into detail on the bus
cycle, its pretty clear that it is 4 clock cycles.  Same as the PIC I believe,
but with the PIC all commands are RISC.  PICs rule.  Right under the 68000
series.  x86 can burn in the theological place of eternal punishment as far as I
am concerned.  :)

--
-Calan

Chris Lambert
clambert@ieee.org
Member of Geneva College Student Branch IEEE
Head of Marvin Robotic Development Team

Follow-Ups: References: