Re: TI-H: TI Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Modem

Instead of having to access the link port (at 36 kilobits baud or whatever it
is) a chip can be hooked up directly to the CPU of the TI92 (through the ROM
expansion module) and be accessed at about a megabyte a second (I BELIEVE, may
not be quite that fast.  It also depends on the software used to read the
data.) on a normally clocked TI92.  This would require only the chip that you
need to access with no serial interface.  It's cheaper (you don't need a serial
interface), simpler (you don't need program in all the serial stuff, you just
copy a memory location) and a whole lot faster (already discussed).

To get bus access on other TI calcs, you will need to do some hardware
modification to the calculator.

-Calan
clambert@ieee.org