TI-H: PC Ports

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: PC Ports

This may be classed as a little off subject, but I'm writing a PC control interface for my TI 83, and I'm having probs getting IO off the $4 serial link. Cal's documentation makes a reference to the speed of the PC being the cause of this, and mentions that it incorporates slowdown routines to account for this, but in my experience, the problem seems to be caused by the UART chip in the port. For some reason, it seems to work correctly with 8250 based ports but not 16550. Has anyone else come up against this? Does anyone know how cal compensates? I have tried mailing cals author, but he didn't respond fir whatever reason.

If anyone has any useful links or whatever, please get back to me!!!

Pete Matthews
Peter@snap.clara.net