Re: TI-H: Place

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Place

>>oh realy? did you sucsesfuly  get that TCP/IP stack going then?
>
>UDP with error correction

nice

>>>The cost of each PCB is $27!  I'm kicking myself since I just ordered 20
>>>for arround $538.
>>

>>heheh ouch man.  Ill take one of your hands :)
>>and these are for which version (parallel, Flash,....)?
>>or is there a main PCB for the MAS and DAC and
>>supporting circuitry, and then a header for an interface circuit board?
>
>This one has an ethernet controller, AVR, and MAS.

hmm so it sounds like you have quite a few versions ;)

>>I am probably going to work with someone to build a SCSI MP3
>>decodeing system... build a SCSI controller into it,.
>>that way we can plug just about any SCSI periphrial into it
>>without modification, (um...plug n play for lack of a better [good] term)
>>one of the other guys wants to have like a terabyte worth of SCSI
>>drives strung together :)  well he runs a radio station I think =]
>
>SCSI is more complicated, more expensive, and not as forgiving as IDE
drives.

apparently working with the filesystem is easier...so I have been told
yes we know its more expensive...

>Send control over I2C, data over I2S, thats all there is to know.

cool I checked the data sheet today looks pretty straight forward

>>I just ordered a sample ATmega103L ... you had exp with them?
>
>I've used them in a SCSI controller for some differential drives.

 I see.

>>just wondering if Im gona need to build some sort of programer?
>
>6 wires and a 25pin male plug, but I program the ethernet firmware
anyway...

cool

>SCSI on a Mega isn't pretty, or fast.  You don't want to use flash,
>sometimes it doesn't all get programmed.  The pre release ones they sell
>aren't good.

oh realy?  we are not useing the mega for the scsi controller,
we are actualy useing a SCSI controller chip, I forget which one...
not my department realy =]