Re: TI-H: Place

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Place

>oh realy? did you sucsesfuly  get that TCP/IP stack going then?

UDP with error correction

>>The cost of each PCB is $27!  I'm kicking myself since I just ordered 20
>>for arround $538.
>

>heheh ouch man.  Ill take one of your hands :)
>and these are for which version (parallel, Flash,....)?
>or is there a main PCB for the MAS and DAC and
>supporting circuitry, and then a header for an interface circuit board?

This one has an ethernet controller, AVR, and MAS.

>I am probably going to work with someone to build a SCSI MP3
>decodeing system... build a SCSI controller into it,.
>that way we can plug just about any SCSI periphrial into it
>without modification, (um...plug n play for lack of a better [good] term)
>one of the other guys wants to have like a terabyte worth of SCSI
>drives strung together :)  well he runs a radio station I think =]

SCSI is more complicated, more expensive, and not as forgiving as IDE drives.

>I would be very interested to see the stuff you have done with
>the MAS... if there is a way I can see some code/scematics
>that would be cool.

Send control over I2C, data over I2S, thats all there is to know.

>I just ordered a sample ATmega103L ... you had exp with them?

I've used them in a SCSI controller for some differential drives.

>just wondering if Im gona need to build some sort of programer?

6 wires and a 25pin male plug, but I program the ethernet firmware anyway...

>hopefully It will just let me i.c. program it so all i have to do is add
>another row of headers to the circuit... but damn man 128K FLASH!!!
>crazy....  but I figure Ill need alot of that for animations and graphics
>on the display, espeacialy if we use a touch screen. (well of course
>I wont need it , but it will be fun to try to fill it up) =]

SCSI on a Mega isn't pretty, or fast.  You don't want to use flash,
sometimes it doesn't all get programmed.  The pre release ones they sell
aren't good.