Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: The Ad I saw

The PPC's have always had a "multimedia instruction set" but it is
stupid to market them as having that simply because all mac users
know this. And if you ever abused a Mac, you would find this out too.

At approximately 5:49 AM -0700GMT on the day Earth People call
6/30/99, J D declared:

>What I'm "beating" is the Pentium Pro core architecture which
>actually IS competitive with the G3.  In addition, the Pentium
>II/III has the advanced multimedia instruction set - which, if I'm
>not mistaken, the G3 lacks.  Software written for the Katmai
>instructions will blow away the same software running on a Mac -
>mark my words.

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to
the developers for which it stands, one platform, under Jobs,
indestructible, with creativity and multimedia for all.