Re:TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

>Of course they count!!!  They show that PCs and Macs have different
>strengths - Macs w/ multimedia, PCs with just about everything else (IE raw
>number-crunching).

Both do numbers about the same.

>Granted, multimedia nowadays is overwhelmingly
>important, so I'd say they just about balance out.
>Which is why I say it would be interesting to combine them in some way.

Not realy.  Intel wants to push their 1GHz computer by 2000 or 2001.  IBM
announced they will be shipping theirs 4th 1999 or 1st 2000.

Multimedia is where the processors realy slack off on.  Now days, people
have 3d coprocessors for their computers.  When they do multimedia, its
realy how well they can do floating point to accomplish tasks creating and
manipulating media in software.

Follow-Ups: References: