Re: TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

Ok, Macs come with things like Sound cards, SCSI, and more, that aren't
included in base PC configurations. Also, you can't compare MHz between
chip families, it doesn't work. And you want to know why there won't be
a G3/PIII merger? Because the PIII architecture is disgusting, it takes
up an enormous amount of space. The Pentium is a dying chip, with more
and more tacked onto it until it has become ridiculously bloated. The G3
is tiny, and runs cool. The Pentium is bloated and CISC...I don't know
what particular comparison you have seen comparing G3's to PI's, but I'd
like to see it...

-Paul

Follow-Ups: References: