Re:TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:TI-H: (OT about Grant's 486/68000)

Different tests show different results, BYTE showed one thing and
MacAddict showed another (G3 40% faster than PIII) but the fact is,
what Mac users use their macs for (audio,video,graphic creation) the
just whips any pentiums buttocks. The tests you say show the PIII
faster are with Word and Word Scrolling times, these tests do not
count. Real Mac users are in bed with BBEdit anywho.

At approximately 2:05 PM -0700GMT on the day Earth People call
6/22/99, J D declared:

>OK, Grant, that's just not true.  I mean, really now.  MAYBE a
>G3/400 and a PII/400 might be somewhat on par as far as gfx
>operations and multimedia go, but the Pentium III is just plain
>better than G3 chips.  Benchmarks have proved it.  I love how
>Macintosh compares its laptops with G3 processors to Pentium-I class
>laptops!  They're not SUPPOSED to be competitive with G3s, the P/IIs
>are with their P-Pro core logic!
>
>I think, on the other hand, since the two architectures have
>different strengths, combining them well would unleash an ENORMOUS
>amount of performance....how to do it, though....

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to
the developers for which it stands, one platform, under Jobs,
indestructible, with creativity and multimedia for all.

Follow-Ups: References: