Re: TI-H: Interesting thing happened to me and my 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Interesting thing happened to me and my 92

From: ffs <ffolkes@ffolkes.com>
>I saw the "Richfiles" had a few LEDs near the LCD by the
>keyboard.......how on earth did he fit them there?

That was on a TI-85/6 style case, there is plenty of room under
the function keys for the LEDs.

I'd recommend an EL lamp for the 92, LED backlights are
far inferior in quality if you ask me.

Otherwise you can try getting some mini-LEDs and then
use a dremel (or sander or file, or sandpaper, etc) to
shave off as much of its epoxy or plastic body as possable
without exposing the die.  This may allow you to fit the
LED into the available area without screwing up the case.

You might be able to get some fiber optic bundles that
you could run from an LED mounted elsewhere in the
case up to the screen.  I have no idea if there is room
for the fiber, but it might be worth looking into.  It would
certainly be unique.