Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

>Internet & Networking
>
>     1.Windows 98 integrates flawlessly with the Internet-indows
>intergrates with IE. And NOTHING else. Ridiculous, an OS does NOT need
>to be dependant on the browser.

Apple has the same thing, but as Microsoft didn't, Apple reliazed that it
was junk.  Look at CyberDog.

>     2.Windows 98 supports Internet Channels; Mac-OS does not-  I've
>seen channels. I don't want it.But yeah, this is true...

WTH are those?  I get by without them, so they must not be necessary.

>     3.Windows 98 makes Internet access powerful with Broadcast
>Architecture- Interesting...but it obviously needs a few more years, so
>I don't think it's all that valid.

I know.  They can flood a cm network with their SMB broadcast packets
giving away information about the computer.  :)

>     4.Windows file extensions allow greater control and work flawlessly
>with the Internet- This is pure BS. Much as I want all my files to end
>in .exe or .wav, I'd prefere to have my Mac take care of it.

Your mac does!  When you download a file with .wav, it sets the file
creater and type to a very common program (soundapp) so it can be opened in
that, or any other program.

>     5.Windows integrates with ActiveX technology, giving power to your
>desktop- Hype Hype Hype

I installed ActiveX and didn't like it one bit.

>     6.Windows supports mult-linking modems; Mac-OS does not- "The
>original modems could only transmit up to 2400 baud - a small text
>document would take over aminute to download! " My original modem was a
>300 baud, to nitpick...Anyway, this is all well and good, but my Mac
>broke the 56 k wall with my cable modem. I don't need two of those, let
>me tell you. Now, I spend my tiem waiting for servers, not my modem.
>Telephone modems are dying, at least the standard ones, like 56k. Also,
>Macs CAN do this, if they want. It just needs 3rd party software.
>Windows users need to get a separate pack for this anyway.

Very well stated.  It sounds like the mac in this thing was stock, and the
pc...full of the users junk and purchased programs.

>     7.Networking is more powerful with Windows- "AppleTalk is an old
>slow and inefficient format.

Of course its old!  It was developed in 1983 t0o connect computers at
230kbps.  What did PCs have at that time?  I bet they didn't have 230k
UARTS.

>It is not used in any professional
>setting." Hmm...is NASA a "professional setting" Cuz their networks are
>based on Appletalk. And Macs can connect to any network as well.
>Advanced path capabilities? BULL. And I DARE you to set up a PC network,
>then a Mac. Better, ask someone who has done both which is easier. This
>is ridiculous.

I bet they had the mac running PhoneNet and the PC running 100bt on a
switch.  If they had the mac running on the 100bt network...

>     8.PCs are much better at handling three-dimensional graphics &
>virtual reality

I'd like to see an example.  :)

>     9.Windows is far more stable than Mac-OS

Which MacOS?  If you count unstable as doing what you need it to do and not
giving a generic "General Fault" error, then yes the MacOS is unstable.

>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/9295/pc-advantage/index.html-
>The page uses a QuickTime Plug for Gods' Sakes! APPLE TECHNOLOGY! The
>first in Multimedia. And here's a few other facts, from a more reliable
>source then this random webpage.

Thats because the video extensions Apple programmed run better on IBMs than
intels or microsofts.

>• The Windows 95 logo (created with Freehand)
>• IBM's Aptiva point-of-purchase materials and the boxes they ship in
>• Intel's "Flying Pentium" ads

Many intel www site graphics are created on macs.  Open the gifs up in a
hex viewer and check out the program used to create them.