Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Kafasis <Punkrock17@home.net>
To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 1999 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: TI-H: OT: And the felling blow...
>      6.Windows supports mult-linking modems; Mac-OS does not- "The
> original modems could only transmit up to 2400 baud - a small text
> document would take over aminute to download! " My original modem was a
> 300 baud, to nitpick...Anyway, this is all well and good, but my Mac
> broke the 56 k wall with my cable modem. I don't need two of those, let
> me tell you. Now, I spend my tiem waiting for servers, not my modem.
> Telephone modems are dying, at least the standard ones, like 56k. Also,
> Macs CAN do this, if they want. It just needs 3rd party software.
> Windows users need to get a separate pack for this anyway.

WRONG!!!! Go to a win98 pc, and look up Multilink. BAM! it's built in.

>      7.Networking is more powerful with Windows- "AppleTalk is an old
> slow and inefficient format. It is not used in any professional
> setting." Hmm...is NASA a "professional setting" Cuz their networks are
> based on Appletalk. And Macs can connect to any network as well.
> Advanced path capabilities? BULL. And I DARE you to set up a PC network,
> then a Mac. Better, ask someone who has done both which is easier. This
> is ridiculous.

Hmm... Our work uses AppleTalk, and it seems like anything that uses that
protocol always needs resetting, like our macs, and our laserwriter
printer(the only things that still use this). Everything that does the big
time graphic processing is all TCP/IP(all our ibms, and the 3 xerox servers)
And if you live almost anywhere in the US, you can go prove this, just go
over to a Kinko's copy shop.

And I don't know who you've talked to about setting up a PC network, but
I've never had a problem. Yes, you already have a built-in 10baseT net card,
but other than that, it's about the same difficulty.

Follow-Ups: References: