TI-H: OT: More evidence :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: OT: More evidence :)

Witness the testimony of those who built an OS originally specifically for
the PowerPC platform: Be, Inc:

With the release of BeOS 4.5, Be now fully supports the Wintel architecture.
  Please keep this in mind at the following URL:

http://www-classic.be.com/support/qandas/faqs/faq-0415.html

"If you don't have a platform preference, however, and are planning to buy a
new system for the BeOS, frankly, the price/performance ratio seems more
compelling on the Intel Architecture side. Just take a look at our Ming
Specials page for an example of how inexpensive high-performance hardware
can be:

http://www.be.com/resellers/ming-specials.html

In particular, when buying a new system, the number of options and pricing
for multiprocessor hardware is simply greater on the Intel side of the
fence. The BeOS really loves processors, and will be happier the more you
give it...though it runs great on single processor systems, too."

OOHH!  That's cold, Grant ;-)