TI-H: OT: But still has to do with programming (not TI, though)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: OT: But still has to do with programming (not TI, though)

Hello!
I've been trying to make up a sort-of portable/car mp3 player lately, using
some spare parts around my house... I found that I had enough to make up a
computer using a P133, using an old (32x, maybe not that old) CD-ROM drive,
and a bootable CD-RW disc. I got the system written to the CD, and it loads
nicely without there being a hard drive (I can literally go over any terrain
now, and not worry about a hard drive going *bang*bang* over speed bumps
doing 50mph. But, I'm having a problem with the remote & LCD display unit. I
was trying the other day, to make a TSR program that would control the LCD
display, and also the input from the remote, yet still be able to play the
player in the background. The TSR would of course need to read approx. 5
digits(xx:xx) from the screen for the current track/file time and output
that to the display. I got the ID3 tags implemented so I get the Artist,
track title, etc. and it'll display them on the LCD. I also got the remote
down, so I can tell which button is pressed. (only 4 luckily) But, how would
I implement it so I can get the player to run, and my little "remote
control" program to work at the same time? I do know that the player will
accept input codes from the keyboard buffer, pretending that that remote is
a keyboard and putting data into the buffer, but how would I put info into
it? All of my code is in C++ for DOS, (no, not linux... oh well..) and any
help/code snippets/ideas/non flames would be greatly appreciated. I figured
that this would be a good place to start, with all the programming info
that's been getting passed around lately. Yes, this is an OT topic, and I'd
like to keep it that way. Just email me any help.

-Jeff Dezur
jeffd@wwnet.net

Follow-Ups: References: