Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

I still don't know what the big deal is, in a classroom my 85 (with EL) is
just as visible as any other calc.  The only time I EVER notice it being hard
to see is in really low light conditions (ie 1 50W light bulb 10' behind me
as the only light), but that would be similar for any TI  I would think.  And
if that happens I just turn on the EL.  I don't have anything extra added or
taken off (ie plastic cover)
BTW. How are the new EL auto-on plans coming?

> Well, I haven't seen either, but a backlight will usually reduce the
> visability of the LCD in normal light, the only time it will improve
> the visability is when you use it in a dark area.  If the screen contrast
> is worse than a typical 85 I don't think I'd recommend a backlight
> unless you already have something better to put behind it.  An EL
> backlight probably would not be a good idea.
>
> I remove the plastic screens on my 85's, it makes the LCD much
> easier to see, the plastic is kind of hazy, and any covering will
> decrease the visibility.  It doesn't look as nice of course, but that
> doesn't really bother me.
>
> DK

Follow-Ups: References: