Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

> Didn't someone post a while back that those connectors were actually
> long enough to allow you to lift the LCD away from the board enough
> to get a backlight in?

Hmm. They are looking very short on my calc. I don't know how it
is on others. Maybe I can open the '92 from a friend. He has a
newer model (at least a newer ROM-version)

> I seem to recall a statement that they are
> folded up so that they look very short, but are actually longer.

Oh? really?
This is good news. If you compare the '89 display with the '92s you
want to throw your '92 into the litter bin... I don't need a backlight-
but the actual screen contrast is bad, especially when the sun
shines or the ambient light is dark.