Re: TI-H: TI-92 Turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-92 Turbo

> I also would like TI-92 turbo instructions, as well as info about a TI-92
> backlight.  So let me know if you find them!  (Any other ideas for TI-92
> addons?  These are the only two I currently can think of...)

You can find instructions to boost the '92 at
http://www.salokin.demon.co.uk/ticalcs_hardware.htm

> BTW, does the TI-92 Plus replace the original processor (I have heard of speed
> increases under the 92+)?

I think no. Because you can improve your '92 to a '92+ simply with
plugging a new module in the expansion port. (Is there anybody out
there having a circuit plan from this module? :-)

> Any problems running a 92 or 92+ with a turbo?

Oh, I think you have the same problems with overclocking the ti
than overclocking a Pentium processor. Maybe a decrease of the
processors lifetime, maybe any problems with reliability...
I think it's better to switch off the display during long calculations.
(If you ever had a ZX81 you know what I mean...)