Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: LED Backlight

> >  Has anybody realized the backlight which is shown there on a TI-
> >  92? I would pay everything for a better display. :-)

> Where is the backlight on a TI-92 (an exact URL or perhaps
> image URL?  I would really like to see a backlight on a 92 and
> would especially like building one!

I haven't seen any TI92 backlight on the web yet, but you can see a
very cool one on the ti85 at
http://www.salokin.demon.co.uk/ticalcs_hardware.htm

I opened my TI92 and it seems that its very very difficult to put a
backlight panel in it. The LCD looks like there are 2 connectors
(you know, those flat foils to drive the lcd) on on the top and one on
the left side. So there is no change to put the LCD away to pull the
reflection foil away. But you must do this before you can put the
backlight panel on it.
Maybe i would try it, if my ti wasn't a neccessary tool for my math
course.