Re: TI-H: Linux ftp

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linux ftp

From: Jon Olson <morph@jmss.com>

<snip linux help>

Ok, so I had to reset my computer a few times without shutting
down linux (attempting to get a PNP modem to work, which it
doesn't yet), and now it won't boot cuz it complains of disk
errors.  What are you supposed to do about that?

And how do you configure a PNP modem?  I used that PNP
configuration program that dumps out a config file with all
the possable configs commented out.  I uncommented the
one it recommend and ran the PNP configuration program,
but I can't tell that it did anything.  Using the control panel
program in XWindows to set the modem config has not
been successful.  I either lock up the mouse or XWindows.
Sometimes I can get it back, sometimes not, thats why I
had to reboot without shutting down.

I did figure out how to install a PPP interface, pretty slick.

DK

DK