Re: TI-H: Wondering if a couple things will work together

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

---Kaus <kaus@cybrzn.com> wrote:

> for more info on chips, goto the chip directory..  i think its just
> www.chipdirectory.com  ... hmmm..  if not, ill get back to in a while.

www.chipdir.com
It's sometimes down, but there are a lot of mirror sites. Just use
altavista or something to find them.

> kaus
>

> At 04:39 PM 12/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >A friend of mine is doing a project for which he must use a
> >microcontroller, now he's already decided on either the PIC or Z80,
> >but he's not sure if what he wants to do with the Z80 will work, so
he
> >asked me. I wasn't sure either, so i figured i should ask you guys...
> >
> >do you think that this EEPROM
> >
> >EEPROM (28C256-20/25)32KX8 250NS 28DIP (sorry, that's all the info
JDR
> >gives me when i search for it)
> >
> >will work the this Z80?
> >
> >(Z840006PSC) 8-BIT 6MHZ CPU 40P
> >
> >and if they will work together, will i need anything special, or
can i
> >just wire the correct lines together?
> >
> >thanks for any help...
> >
> >-- Jon Olson

Of course you can hook it up to the Z80, if you decode the address and
databus properly, but you can't address this memory directly like an
ordinary RAM ic. You would have to write a driver in your Z80 program.
(But you would have to do this with a PIC anyway, so.

Neil