Re: TI-H: Speed of da G3

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Speed of da G3

Grant, I understand you have a strong desire to convince everyone that
the g3 processor is a more efficient processor than any intel-based
processor.

But in a way it surprises me.  I have recieved the impression that you
know enough about processors to know that while one will do some things
better than another, there really is no processor in this market which
will do all things better than every other processor.

I've used a mac for PCB design and other such applications.  I agree
that for many applications it does very well, and can outperform a PC
running windows.  But there are also many applications where it will
perform less  admirably than a pc running windows.

If Apple had done several things differently while marketting and
designing their computer(s), they could have and should have been more
successful.

Assuming one wanted to play sony playstation games on their PC,  one
could develop a VM for it.  But I don't understand how you could say
that because someone developed one for the MAC, that makes the mac an
all-around better choice for everyone on this list?  Perhaps you have a
different perspective than I.

Anyway, thanks for the instruction manual.  I've been looking all over
the internet for that, and I should've known I could have simply emailed
you for it.  ;-)

-Adam

Grant Stockly wrote:

> When one of you people can show me a 300MHz Pent or any Pentium for that matter emulating a PSX game in realtime, I'll be happy.

Follow-Ups: References: