-----Original Message-----
From:	owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org] On Behalf Of David Knaack
Sent:	Wednesday, January 06, 1999 9:24 PM
To:	ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
Subject:	Re: TI-H: Radio switch

From: Jon Mullen <mullen@electricstoat.com>
>How would I get a radio receiver to act as a switch?  When there's a
>certain kind of signal, it's on.  Otherwise, it's off?

I take it you didn't read the start of the Demolition calc thread?

Are you wanting to build your own radio receiver, or use a
standard AM radio with a sensor on the output (for example).

One way would be to build a simple AM tone transmitter
(a couple of sinewave generators, one at audio frequency
modulating the ouput amplitude of a second one running
at RF frequency in the AM band hooked up to an antenna).
Then attached a detector to the speaker output of an
AM radio tuned to the appropriate station.  The detector
would be a bit more difficult, you could use a PLL or
maybe some type of resonant circuit tuned for the output
tone of the radio.

just a suggestion.

DK