Re: TI-H: 32k chip

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 32k chip

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Patrick Bambrough wrote:

> hey i found where you can get a free 32k nvsdram non battery backed and all
> that garbage for free at www.simtek.com/samples . I would appreciate it if
> you guys decide to make a TI 83/8X memory expansion unit if you guys would
> give me the source and plans so i can make one ( hopefully for free or close
> to it). THANX

Patrick,

To the best of my knowledge, nobody yet has made an "internal RAM
expander" for any TI calculator, that immediately gives you more RAM on
your calculator to store programs. Doing so would include a lot of
hardware hacking and altering the ROM in the calculator, which isn't
feasible at all.

You can get a number of what I call "flash boxes", though, including the
PIXpander and the Expander II. These put 1/2 meg or a meg of flash rom in
an external box, which you hook up to your link port and run special
software for. This has only been done for the TI-85/86 though, not your
83.

So, hate to say it but I really don't think you can use that chip for
anything :-/

- Gary Marsh (VO1CPU), gmarsh@thezone.net