Re: TI-H: Linking Problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Linking Problem

I'm writing a linking application for the TI82 with GraphLink Cable under
Linux (or any other PC UNIX) and i've also seen this phenomena.
I don't know for shure, but I believe the problem is that there is some
kind of timing problem, and that the computer thinks there is data before
there is any data. Absencse of data means that the data is ZERO (
electrical that the recieve wire (relative the computer) on the RS-232
interface is high ( I that is strange, but RS-232 is an old standard))

If my program was finished I could have sent it to you, but when I cleaned
up my code in the beginning of the summer, I acidently removed all my .c
files. The new version (It's in the works) is modulary build, and my Idea
is that I
should eventually support any combination of calculator and link.

/Per

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, mike dombrowski wrote:

> Sorry if this is the wrong list but it seemed the most appropriate. I'm
> writing a program to send/recieve files from the TI-85 using the
> graphlink cable. I have the file describing the link protocol by Per
> Finander but I'm running into problems. For example when I'm in recieve
> mode and I send a string from the TI here's what I get:
>
> 00 <-- Why is this here?
> 85
> 06
> 09
> 00
> 80
> 00
> 0C
> 05
>
> What gives? All my program does is wait for something to be put in the
> serial buffer then reads it.
>
> ICQ: 11874015
> Organized Religion: The only thing preventing people from being
> civilized.

Follow-Ups: References: