Re: TI-H: PIC's and TI-89's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PIC's and TI-89's

hey wesley

nice to see some other people are working on the same project. i am also
attempting to create a pic interface with a ti-89/ti92p. same with javier.

i motion to combine our efforts and get this project over with.

here's what we know:
    1. sami k. wrote an interface program with a pic16f84 for an ir remote.
        - did not use ti's link protocals
        -  released the source for the calc, not the pic
    2.  bryan rittmeyer wrote an interface program with an amd micro for an e2
        -  used ti's link portocals
        -  released the cource for the calc, not the micro

let's figure this important project out, and release the source for the pic.
it's the way it should be. everything with calculators _should_ be open source.

i have a lot of experience with mpasm, but i'm still learning the ins and outs
of 68k. i've written a small test program for my ti92p (using the link routines
from rittmeyer's setup) and duplicating the hardware found on his web page.
(there's a link at ticalc.org) the pic source, of course, is anyone's guess.
i've written a program for the pic but i'm still trying to work the bugs out

email me back (nmpalko@kscable.com) off the list if you're interested in
develping this thing (sharing files, ect) and ultimately releasing a bug-free
version of _both_ sources for the public.

nick