Re: TI-H: What should I buy ??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: What should I buy ??

Ok, that's just not true, Grant - I'm as big a fan of AMD as the next guy,
but the fact is that each of them have their uses.  The Celeron's cache (as
you know) is integrated onto the silicon of the processor, and that makes a
BIG, BIG difference.  A Celeron/400 underperforms a PII/400 by a pretty slim
margin.

If you want to do anything but games, get an AMD K6-2 or K6-3.  If you want
to do everything (including games), get an Athlon if you can, otherwise get
a Celery.

----Original Message Follows----
>Hi
 >Does anybody know where to see a simple comparison table for motherboards
 >and processors.??
 >I think I will buy a BX-2000 748 or SOYO 5 EMA plus, can somebody tell me
 >which to choose ??
 >What between an AMD K6 350 or Celeron 366 ??
 >Any hints would help

AMD GOOD...CELERY BAD

A Celeron is a PII (basically) with bad cache.

Intel saved $30 and is passing it on to you.

Grant