Re: ELKS: Re: TI-H: Bill Gates is the Anti-christ

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ELKS: Re: TI-H: Bill Gates is the Anti-christ

>Static Ram requires power, though minute, to keep its memory.  Flash, EEPROM,
>and some other memory types keep their memory without power.  DRAM,
>Dynamic Ram
>must be refreshed constantly to keep it's memory.

No.  Not constantly.  You refresh it by doing a read modify write, a CAS
before RAS or the standard read all.

You have to do one of those methods every 62us on slow and medium memory.
Some new expensive 150MHz and up memory requires 8us.

As far as I know PC100 should still work with the 62us timing.

Grant