Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: I know I'm going to regret this...

>From: J D <starkruzr@hotmail.com>
>>> Before my time, I started programming on the TRS-80 model III, and that
>was
>> >in
>> >basic.  I started with Turbo Pascal 3 when we got the then $3000 Epson
>QX-16
>> >(with dual Z80 and 8088 processors, pretty knifty system, still runs
>too).
>>
>> Still runs?!  On what?  CP/M?!
>
>Yes indeed, it will run CP/M or MS-DOS (some sub version of 2).  Generally
>it sits
>in the ValDocs main menu.  Anybody remember that?
>
>Thats the machine I learned most of what I know of assembly language in,
>using
>nothing but an 8088 instruction set listing, dos debug and the SideKick text
>editor TSR.  I actually wrote some stuff that worked.  Like a little program
>that
>would change the font that DOS used.  You had to draw the characters in
>every
>time you wanted to change something.

My first computer was an 8088 with 256k of ram.  It had a 150k floppy,
parallel, serial, CGA, NTSC, and a 1MB MFM.

It was given to my dad by Johnson Controls so he could learn PC stuff.  He
never used it.  :)

My second computer was an 8086 with 640k of ram, 360k floppy, parallel,
serial, CGA, NTSC/PAL, and a 10MB MFM.

Then I got 3 AIIEs and an AIIGS.