Re: Re(2): TI-H: Re: Fwd: FW: Colorado

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: Re: Fwd: FW: Colorado

From: Cavan Carroll <cavanc@hotmail.com>
>okay everybody
>in case you don't recall I say all text is copyrighted NOT names , just my
>words
>from now on I will discard that whole line of bullshit just so you can all
>feel good

What the hell are you talking about?  Here is what happended:

1) You posted something with a copyright line including a (presumably)
   fictious corporation name.

2) Someone said that it was illegal to claim an non-existant
   organization was incorporated, and that you required some
   kind of licensing to claim copyright on your materials.

3) Someone else corrected the second part of that statment,
   indicating that works produced by you are automaticly copyright
   in your name.

4) Yet another someone else corobberated someone number 2.

5) You dumped the line because it was causing such discussion,
   apparently irritated by the discussion.

What are you irritated by?

I still am not sure if it is acutally illegal to use the name of a
fictious corporation (I don't see why it should be illegal), but
I am reasonably confident that a copyright claimed in the name
of a fictious organization or entity would be invalid.  This does
not of course invalidate the copyright that is automaticly applied.

DK

Using the conferencing feature of your office phone, dial one
 Individual, then while it's ringing dial another and conference them
 together.  Put your own phone on mute and listen to see how long they'll
 make small talk before figuring out that neither one placed the call.
       -- Scott Adams, Practical Jokes for the Office