Re: TI-H: My half-working link works both ways half the time

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: My half-working link works both ways half the time

From: Eilon Lipton <yoe@mediaone.net>
>OK, update: In Windows '98 SE I managed the following:
>1. Using Transfer85 I managed to send some files, but not all, to the
>calculator. Some programs generated link errors when transferring them.
>2. Using Wtran8 I managed to get the TI-86 to see the program's name, but
it
>never transferred
>
>Would this pretty much mean that either I somehow screwed up the link?
Might
>it somehow be a faulty serial port?

My professional opinion would be that something isn't working. :)
I would suspect the link first, since as homebrew equipment it is
more likely to be screwed up.  Are all you connections perfect?
Are your cables nice and short?  Are you sure nothing is shorting?

Good, then try the other com port, then try the com port on someone
elses computer (on a  non-beta OS ;)

Maybe try another calculator too, its possable your calc is flakey.

other than that I'm pretty much out of ideas :)
DK

     Computers work in weird and marvelous ways, their
                wonders to avoid performing.